Updated May 2019
The “Mobility/Exchange Programme of the European Schools” concerns all S3 and S4 students from the European Schools.
On Thursday 15 November 2018 , all S3-S4’s parents have been invited to an information meeting regarding the students mobility program for the S4/S5 pupils in 2019-2020.
The deadline for submitting your application for the school year 2019/2020 is 14 December 2018. Please note that the feedback from the hosting school is to be expected by March 2019, in order to finalise the exchange by the first week of April 2019.
FOR MORE INFO: 2019/2020 Exchange Programme Presentation – FR
To apply for an exchange, Lux 2 students must contact and submit their application to the school to Madame Blandine Thisserant.
We recommend that applications are made early.
The Student Mobility or Exchange programme allows students in S4 and S5 to broaden their experience by studying at another European School or accredited European school for a number of weeks, usually in the first semester of the academic year.
S4 students can stay from 5 to 6 weeks, and written reports will be sent to the student’s school when they return. S5 students must stay for the semester, where they will sit their compo. exams. The results of the term and exams will be entered in the SMS system of the student’s school.
Documents and forms relating to the Exchange Programme:
- Guidelines for Exchanges – English
- Guidelines for Exchanges – French
- Guidelines for Exchanges – German
- Student Application Form
- Parental / Guardian ‘s Consent Form
- Roles and Responsibilities Information Sheet
The Application form and Consent form should be completed and sent to Madame Blandine Thisserant along with the other information/documents required as listed below:
- A letter from the student introducing themselves to the exchange school/host family, (a personal statement)
- Compliance with the criteria defined in the document 2016-01-49-en-4
- The student’s last school report
- The list of courses the student attends at school
- Contact details of the host family (name, address, telephone numbers), if available at this stage
- Approval of the school Management
- Report of the student’s class teacher
- Confirmation of school insurance
Other forms that need to be completed when the application is accepted are:
- Health Form
- Crisis Contact List – For more information on dealing with crisis, please consult the Crisis Management Guide.
- Learning Agreement Form
If you would like us to help you find a host family or if you have any questions, you can contact your APEEEL2 Office.
If your family would like to be a host to an Exchange student from another European school, please let us know at your APEEEL2 Office.